samedi 15 avril 2006

to the Taj Mahal and back

It seemed I am unlucky with trains. Yesterday my train to Agra (departing 7pm from New Delhi) was planned to arrive 9:45pm and arrived just after midnight! I was not very confortable in a place like Agra around midnight. Hopefully, I joined 2 french men going off the train, we shared a taxi to an hotel area. I finally fell asleep around 1am but planning to wake up only 4 hours later.
Unfortunately, my alarm clock was useless, I woke up at 6:20am, just after sunset, too bad. Anyway I went to the Taj, early morning is fine, and what's more, my flight is tonight!
The Taj Mahal is really huge and beautiful, truly one of the world seven wonders.
I spent a short time there, leaving before the heat.
DSC06133
taj
After a ride on a cycle rickshaw to the bus station,
DSC06157
I took the government bus to Delhi,
DSC06159
5 hours travelling but no waiting at the train station and some more time watching indian street life.
Some shopping near Connaught place spending my remaining rupees before going back to Pahar Ganj to the same hotel I've been when I arrived some weeks ago.
Now a little rest before the ride to the airport and the flight to France.
DSC06171